Hello from England

24 Berichten
Hi guys,

Thought I’d pop along and say hello and maybe let you know a little of what’s happening over here.

Just had our first Open.
The Earls won (gbr558) without really being challenged other than by Richard and Kathryn (GBR568)
Dick and I (GBR562)have not sailed together since before last years Euros so we were a little rusty but the boat was great and carried us round and was really fast upwind.
It was great to see 377 Red October sailing so well, by far the oldest boat, getting two 4th places and without mistakes could have had a lot higher places in the other races.
She is also up for sale.

The newest Javelin GBR572, was launched at Carsington and she looked very nice. Owned by Cath Fox who was the Race officer at the Southwold Euro’s.
Cath used to sail a Laser 4000 but fell in love with our class during that event !!

We have two more new boats on order for this year, both going to existing owners.
This will mean that a couple of boats may come on the 2nd hand market, such as GBR522.

There is also a strong rumour that there will be another order for a new boat later this year, so if you want to buy the most successful ever Javelin, that chance may happen in 2010!

So what else,
Well the best sails seems to be a fight between Hyde and North.
North are more expensive but in the hands of Richard & Kathryn, appear to be very fast.
The Earls are still using their Jama Jib and are very happy with it.
If I didn’t have 3 Hyde jibs I think I’d go for a Jama Jib as well.

Rudders and Centerboards are almost all "Milanes" although we are seeing a few "Winder" rudders and the "Winder" rudder stock is very nice.
The design of the Milanes centreboard has changed a little and is now around 100mm shorter with an elliptical tip to hopefully stop it from stalling when accelerating out of a tack, and the head size has been reduced to give the crew more room to move across the boat.

Selden (Proctor) Epsilon, is still the most popular mast, with just a few people like me using the Superspar M2.
Almost all the fleet are using Mast ram’s, with again only a couple of us using Lower Shrouds.

I know guy’s are putting their plans together for coming to your Euro’s in July.
I can’t make it but I think the UK will have a good turnout of boats again.

Remember we can always find a couple of good boats for you to sail over here is you want to join in on any or our events.
Our Nationals are at the Royal Norfolk & Suffolk Yacht Club this year 28/29/30th August and you are all very welcome to come to the Southwold Open on the 3/4th July

Well I think that’s enough for now.

Cheers
Mike

Arent NED576
332 Berichten
Hi,

That’s a lot of good news.

We hope to be at the nationals, if there’s a second team to come along on a double trailer. But we expect at least 10 British Javelins at the euros in exchange :-D

Gr, Arent

Everything is amazing, and nobody's happy.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk wink
24 Berichten
Just had the Alton Water Open.
Richard & Kathryn won in GBR568 with the Earls 2nd and myself sailing with Steven Oosterheart in 3rd.

Steven came across for the Open on Friday morning by Ferry to Harwich and we had a practice sail.
The weather was horrible, wet, cold with shifty winds ranging from F2 to F5.

However we did well for our first time sailing together, Steven is a great crew and you guys need to find him someone to sail with. smiley

Dit bericht is gesloten. Er kan niet verder op gereageerd worden. Blijf rustig en ga verder.

Statistieken