Return of some old friends.

24 Berichten
Over the last few weeks in the UK we have seen 243 return from obscurity.
243, otherwise known as "Wooden Top" was a one off built in 1974 as a trial at allowing the possibility of half wood half glass Javelins to be built.
In the end after a vote it was decided against allowing this type of construction. However Wooden Top was allowed dispensation to be rated as a Javelin.

A couple of days ago Javelin No2 emerged.
I will be aquiring No1 later this year for restoring and thought it might be a great idea for one of you guys to get No2 to restore.
No1 and No2 have glass hull with wooden decks. No1 does not have the crease in the bow and has less freeboard and the hull shape is a lot more rounded.
I'm not sure if this would be the same as No2 but a few people seem to think so. I will phone the current owner in the next few days and investigate but thought I'd see if there is any intrest on the mainland of such a project. ?!

see you soon

PS, looks like because of getting time off work that 562 will be the only UK boat to make your Nationals - sorry
sad

Dit bericht is gesloten. Er kan niet verder op gereageerd worden. Blijf rustig en ga verder.

Statistieken